General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

b6 S4 66miles, Loud engine knock? mechanics cant figure?? help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Exclamation b6 S4 66miles, Loud engine knock? mechanics cant figure?? help

hey guys, i recently purchased a 2004 audi s4 4.2l. i purchased it in calgary and had it shipped over to montreal, the auction statement said engine noise, when i got the car and started it the engine noise was very apperant.
the noise seems to not be there when engine is cold, but when warmed up it becoms a loud TOC TOC TOC TOC TOC sounds like the ticking is the same time as the cylinders are firing. i brought it to VAG MOTORSAPORTS in laval quebec, they are apperantly the best for audi tuning in montreal area, they told me after checkingeverything out that it was the tensioners on the chain making the noise, and the left and right head gaskets needed replacing, they also swapped the oil and changed seal crank rear.
i went to pick up the car when they claled to say it was ready, i pay them the 2513$ for the repair. and the first thingi hear when i turn on the car is the same engine noise. after some serious frustration and dealing with the garage they still have the car.

im seriously at a loss for what to do in this situation, i read on some other forums or threads that it may be my valves? the noise is only coming from the bottom side of the left on my engine?

any help would be greatly appreciated, im definately no mechanic and i need some honost opinions.

cheers,

A4TOTT