General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

bended rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Default bended rims

so i just bought a 2002 A6 4.2 recently, and the handle been shakin after half month of driving. I bring it to service, and they told me to put on new tires. So i did, the steering wheeling doesnt shake as much, but i feel the sit shakes like a little bit, thought it was the road, so i ignore it. after 2 monthes, steering wheels shakes again, bring back to the service, they said "need 2 new front tires", so i brought the car to a private mechanic, he test the car out, and he test the rim, told me the rim is out of shape. so i brought it back to the audi service, told them about the rim is out of shape, and the spare time is bended too as well. after a day, they called back and said they are willing to replace the 4 new rim for 2300.. WTF is that. we been talking for good 10min, and he told me that i should have told them earlier, and now they are not responsible for rim, b/c I drive it too much to the city, and bended. and the car only have 40k mileage, i drove 11kmileage since i bought it, kept on complaining the steering wheel is shaking. what kind of service is that?? sell defective car without saying the rim is in bad shape??

HELP me OUT? , should i complain about how the spare tire is bend, if I bended it?

Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: bended rims

you need to get ahold of the service manager and your past record of bringing the car in and then let the sales manager have it forget the sales person (pc) and if that doesnt work laywer time going into a city shouldnt mess up rims unless your running 20's with 30 series side wall then you might bend a rim good luck

Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 PM

so you have 2 bent rims?? the car has been damaged and ill bet its the 2 front wheels that have been curbed?? have them replace all the rims including the spare and get the tracking/wheel balancing done at the same time

Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 PM

all 5 rim including the spare one were bended, and i just put on the spare rim like 2 days ago, b/c the front rim was really mess up. thx for all the suggestion, hopefully i will get them to do the right thing

Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Administrator

not too sound rude, but if you talk like you type.. get somebody else to go in their and talk to them..

Old 06-08-2006, 05:32 PM

, i dont speak english well, especially this is my first time having this kind of situation. Anyways, i just talked to the dealer who sold me the car today, and he is looking for the information will call me back soon. If things goes wrong, i am goign call local Breau and file a complain to the dealership.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Senior Administrator

Talk to teh service manager first. Then, if no satisfaction, contact AudiUSA and tell them your story. If still no satisfaction you'll hafta check the lemon laws for NY. Maybe someone can post a link, to help in your research

Old 06-09-2006, 02:18 AM

thanks alot, i will try that too