General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A/C blows hot!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear
Default A/C blows hot!! HELP

I'm in freakin texas and it is blazing down here and my A/C decided to stop working on me. I took it by auto zone and they said it had the right pressure in the system still will not work. The A/C clutch kicks on and everything. I tried to add some freon the other day when it was blowing a little cold but not much and then it just went completly hot. Has anyone had this problem or knows what my problem is please let me know. HOT, Freaking Hot down here.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Everytime I post something on this site there are like 8 tards online and no answers to any of my questions. Is there anyone on here that actually know SH$T about the technical side of this car or is everyone spanking it to how shinny there F*cking car is. I have post like 6 questions with no answers. I must be going to far indept of the car, like under the hood questions. If I asked a question on what kind of wax to use there would be like 100's of answers. I wish there was some actual techs out there and could give some advice. I came from working on honda's to this SH$T and there is no help with this car. I wish someone would walk up with a check one day to buy this piece. Everyday there is something wrong with this car and no one to turn to besides the local audi dealer. F*** this site sucks. Never coming back. BAN ME from this POS site. Next time I post anything it will be on tire pressure or what the F*** lug nuts are. Maybe some tards can answer that SH$T! I am sure there are hundreds on dumb F***S out there than can tell me what the largest wheel I can put on my car and what to cut off but nothing under the hood. Enjoy this POS site. LATER TARDS!!!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Well, nice way to get your question answered. When you say the pressure was right, you mean it was (roughly) 20-30psi low side and 200-250 high side? If that's the case, and it's hard to try and diag something without actually being there with the car, I would next look check to see if the suction tube is cold and the supply tube is hot. This would indicate the evaporator should be cold. In that case, it's possible the blend air door is in the hot position. You didn't really give enough information to get much more of an answer than this. Of course, what do any of us know, we're all TARDS.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

The tube is not cold. Both tubes are hot. The pressure on the low side is 55 on the guage you get from auto zone.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

OK, if the tubes are hot it would seem the compressor is actually functioning and since the low side is 55 psi (too much) the next thing I would look at is the expansion valve (H-block). As I said, it's tough to diag without being there with the car but the expansion valve is the restriction that causes the pressure change (and the temp) of the refrigerant. If it is stuck wide open, it will cause a too high low side pressure and a too low high side (and we don't know what the high side pres is). One other thing that can cause the pressure to be too high and low or no cooling is an overcharge of 134a, but you kind of hinted that the A/C had worked and then stopped suddenly. Hope this helps a little.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for all your replies, however I did not read them. I think I have fixed the problem. If you have this problem and dont know how to fix it due to all the technically inclined people on this site. Take that SH$T to the dealer and trade it in for a Honda. You will find it cost less and you actually have local honda owners that know something about the car. LOL. LATER

Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

1 person replied to this post. That goes to show how many people know jack about this car.