General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CEL/MIL Doesn't Come On!! Failed Inspection!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM
1st Gear
Default CEL/MIL Doesn't Come On!! Failed Inspection!! HELP!!

Hi guys, its been a while but I final purchased my second a4 the other week. Been out of the game for quite a bit. Anyway its a 201.5 a4 1.8t, dahlback ecu tune 93 octane, apr inlet hose, dahlback diverter valve, knn intake/filter and ko4-15 borla exhaust. Ok so the car needed a few things...I put a new flex on old one broke off, had P0302 misfire, replaced coil pack. Now there are no codes and all monitors were ready when I got to dmv I passed everything but failed because my CEL/MIL indicatior does not light up when I turn the ignition on. I totally disregarded this as it has not been on the whole week I have had and worked on the car. I came home searching the internet for answers the only thing I came up with was faulty cluster, faulty ECU, Blown Fuse or something to do with an aftermarket radio. I tried everything ripped out the ecu ripped out the cluster and nothing. Only thing I did notice is when I pull fuse foe the cluster I can sometimes get the CEL/MIL to flash really quick so I know the bulb isn't burnt out and there isn't tape over the light..... I didn't check anything with my aftermarket radio yet... to add the airbag light is on and the engine oil temp sensor and brake wear indicator lights are on. one of the wires that go to the sensor on the oil pan broke off.... besides that I am stumped and don't know what else I can do could vag-com possibly disable the CEL/Mil from coming on?? like maybe someone did some coding to prevent it??? it reads codes but no CEL will come on. If anyone could shine some light on this I would greatly appreciate it as I am discouraged and in a bind to pass inspection.........