General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Complicated? Dealer replace Pressure Switch and Crank Case Valve (Emissions)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 PM
1st Gear
Red face Complicated? Dealer replace Pressure Switch and Crank Case Valve (Emissions)

Hi,

New to Forum. I know nothing about cars.

Original owner of 2012 A6. Engine Light came on. Dealership informed it was a "pressure switch" related to Emissions and I needed to get replaced. They ordered part. I dropped off this morning. Thought it would be easy, since just a switch. I just called them and informed that mechanic was having a tough time getting the switch and the "crank case valve" in the vehicle and car would not be done until tomorrow (even though mechanic would work on it until closing....3 hours away...still did not think would be done tonight).

So, I said "is my engine all taken apart to put in a stupid emissions switch" to which the customer serv rep quickly said "O no, the mechanic is working around the engine to get it in, not taking it apart". However, why would it take all day to do this?

I am worried that my new A6's engine is laying about on the floor of the dealership and if so, I am gonna be grumpy. Once an mechanic has to take apart an engine, my guess is my troubles will be ten fold going forward.

So...........any thoughts or experience on what this part is, why it would take so long to insert, and if it would require taking some of the engine apart to insert the part? I can see no reason why this would take so long if they aren't taking my poor Audi apart.