General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Couple issues with my 02 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Couple issues with my 02 Audi A4

Hi guys,

Hope you guys could help out with a couple issues i have, and i just bought the car couple a days ago too. I'm going to list it out, i hope you guys don't get upset how i'm listing it, i'm new so, sorry. I am somewhat handy but i'm very new to German cars. I'm use to Jap cars so again don't be upset with me, atleast i switched over to the good side right??

Vechicle info:
1. 2002
2. A4
3. 1.8T 5sp
4. 111,240
5, Quattro
6. P0411

First issue i'm having is:
1. Engine light came on: getting error P0411 -- just came on today, autozone shows that its a (Sec.Air Inj. Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected) something like that. I hope its not a serious issue, but i don't know how to fix it.
2. Indicator on dash says that the left turn signal is out, and back left rear brake light is out. But this is an intermittent issue. The turn signal is on everytime now, but the break light error comes on once in awhile not constant.
3. Back driver side door window slides down while i'm driving. I can use my hand and slide the window up and down if i want to. Could be regulator, don't think its the motor.

Yes already i just bought the car three days ago and i'm already having these issues. It worries me because i've heard Audi has either electric problems or some other odd problems, also very expensive to fix. So if i could fix any of these issues myself i would, but I love how the car rides and loving it... except seeing problems just popping up.

Thanks very much,

nw02audia4

Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

First off, when starting cold listen if the secondary air pump is working. Often they suck up some water, get stuck and burn out the fuse. Since you say you work on cars, you can try to power up the pump, and see if it works that way.
As for the lights, try changing the bulbs and see what the bulb holders look like (melted, burnt out?)
As to the window, I would guess that plastic holders of the window to the lifting mechanism are broken, check that if you feel up to it.