General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do I have a Lemon? What would you do? Q7 2012 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Do I have a Lemon? What would you do? Q7 2012 TDI

HI there,

Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new Q7 Prestige S Line model. It had 600 miles on the odometer and the dealer says they used it for one of their events, which is why it had that many miles.

When I drove it off of the lot, I heard a strange whistle noise on acceleration. The next day, the navigation wouldn't initialize and stuck on 99%. I called the dealer for service the next day and after a little bit of time waiting for a diagnosis, they told me my car needed a new propeller drive shaft. They said the whistle noise on acceleration was a known problem and they had to order me a new propeller shaft from Germany, which would take a few days to get in so they let me drive my car until then.

However, in the afternoon, on the same day, we went to use the A/C. It wouldn't blow cold no matter what we did.

Back to the dealer I went and they gave me a loaner and told me to keep the loaner car until they sorted mine out.

So I bought this great Q7 and in two days, it was already in for service, twice. One of the issues seems pretty major.

After more than 10 days, they finally fixed the problem with the drive shaft and told me the A/C needed a charge, which is why it was blowing warm. It now seems to work. The whistle noise seemed to disappear when I drove out of the service department, but now after four days since the repair, the car is making the same whistle noise on acceleration.

We also noticed rust on one of the wheel hubs, but I suspect the oxidation is normal? Even on a new car?

What would you do with these issues? Any advice on how to handle the situation. I'm frustrated with all my time spent at the dealer already and that the car has had a major repair in the first two days I've had it and it seems to be making the same whistle noise?

Any thoughts. Suggestions. All would be welcome...

Thanks,

DenverQ7