General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine oil light issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Engine oil light issues

I have searched a couple different forums on this issue but nobody seems to have quite the same problem im having... I was driving my car on the highway and the red oil light came on in my car. I immediately started heading for the shoulder but before making it across 4 lanes of traffic the light turned off again. It didnt run or sound any different so I drove the last mile home. It happened one more time a few days later conveniently about a block from my mechanics shop. I pulled in and shut the car off. He has now driven it about 6 times in the last 2 days trying to replicate the issue I had but has had no luck. I am torn because I need my car to get to work but I dont want to drive it more and have this become something even bigger than it is now... does anyone have any idea what would cause seemingly random oil pressure issues? Is it the sensor? I just dont want to start throwing money at this issue without doing some research first with other owners.

Thank you all for reading