General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

First audi with vibration while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 PM
1st Gear
Default First audi with vibration while driving

Hello all this is my first audi I have owned. It is a 2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6 Speed Manual which I believe is the B7 body style with the little research I have done. Lowered with Bilstein shocks. My problem is that there is quite a bit of vibration while I am driving. So I thought no big deal just needs tires re-balanced and an alignment done. I went last weekend to have those done and they re-balanced the tires, but told me I needed to have a wheel bearing fixed before they would do an alignment. I got the wheel bearing fixed and took it in today to have the alignment done. Driving home was almost worse than before. Speeds from 0-40 seem to be fine, but once I get above that it just shakes quite a bit. Especially when its at exactly 60 it is bad. The steering wheel just shakes and I can feel it in the seats. I tried going through some posts and some have suggested bad motor mounts, axles or the clutch. If it helps while driving if I push in the clutch and let it coast it still shakes. It shakes while accelerating and decelerating. Any help would be awesome. Thanks