General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heated seats self install '01 A6

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Heated seats self install '01 A6

whats up people!!!

i got me yet another off the wall idea: why dont I convert my 2001 a6 seats to heated from... well, regular :-)
I found the replacement panel for the dash on ebay for about 50 bucks, so that's the easy part - I'm assuming these are just "swap and play".
Running the wires should not be that hard either - God knows, I've installed a few speaker/subwoofer/amp setups, that required running the wires through the car.
What does bug me is this: am I actually going to have to replace the seats? or can I simply buy the heating mechanisms from... whoever; junkyard? dealer? I don't know... I'll find them if I need to! I've had some experience re-upholstering interiors in the past, so taking the seats off and removing the leather and putting back on doesn't pose a problem. I certainly hope that I don't have to buy new seats (though if I do, I may just look for some two-tone setups from RS6 or Allroad, which would definitely make my interior look phat), I think seats may be a bit, how you say, SKY-HIGH...
Anyway, as usual, pour in your knowledge for a big fat thank you, and I hope, I may actually be of some help to someone as well with this post.