General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so i drive a 2004 A4, about a month ago my stock cat completly failed and was replaced by audi. now a month later and a new stock cat it has failed again. when i say fail i mean it turns bright red and no exhaust can get out or very little from what ive heard this should never happen, any ideas on whats wrong and causing this, because all the people at audi i have delt with due to this have no clue why it happened they wanted to blame my forge dv, evo intake, and magnaflow exhaust, but droped that very quickly when i asked how they could prove that was the case, any help at all would be great, so i can go deal with the dumbass on monday thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of your aftermarket parts are gonna cause the cat to melt down, your either running extremely rich, enough to cause a miss-fire or the cat converter they installed is faulty. There not gonna be able to prove how the cat went faulty un-less your engine is not running at peak condition. Make sure you have clean oil, no vaccum leaks, make sure there aren't any fault codes other that the cat efficiency fault and stick it to them hard, they will buckle, they always do.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:16 AM

An aftermarket exhaust should help to cool off the cat or extend its life due to the fact that they flow better.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 AM
3rd Gear

Before you do anything, find out why you are running so rich.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

Has to be an over rich condition no DTC's ? Also some problem (freak problem) with secondary air? Hey you never know....