General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP PLEASE - No Responses Yet - Changed Performance After Ignition Coil Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Default HELP PLEASE - No Responses Yet - Changed Performance After Ignition Coil Failure

Hey All,

Wondering if someone with some tech knowledge on the electronics systems in a 2006 A4 can help me.

About 6 months ago my A4 experienced a failure of an ignition coil (common problem). Usually you can just limp into the dealership to get this fixed but this one was so bad that it completely fried the coil (smoke and everything) and it fried some fuses. The car was completely dead and had to be towed.

Ever since this event the car just doesn't feel the same as it did before. I find that it seems to have a power drop off when shifting gears and it is choppy and rough when first running in the mornings. I've had the dealership run diagnostics but they tell me everything checks out OK.

Does anyone have any thoughts on other checks that can be done? Has anyone had similar issue after an ignition coil failure? If yes, what was the solution?

Thanks for your help.

Dave