General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP! Rear brakes &rotors worn be4 front?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP! Rear brakes &rotors worn be4 front?

Went in for my A4 - 35,000 mile service, covered under the warranty and service manager calls to tell me my rear brakes and rotors are worn to the tune of $400. Not that I knew any better but, is it unusual for rear brakes to wear before front brakes? Is it a defect that I am being flaked for? I like the rest of the country drive in the forward position so why would rear wear before front? Friends tell me usually front brakes wear 2 to 1 to rear brakes. Anyone have advice?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: HELP! Rear brakes &rotors worn be4 front?

perhaps the back brakes are sticking/ too close to the rotor. anyways just replace the brakes youself for a tune of $100

Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP! Rear brakes &rotors worn be4 front?

Thanks for the reply Saudi, but I purchased the car brand new from the dealer and the back brakes sticking/too close to the rotor is not something I did. The car came that way. Unfortunately, I would love to do them myself and I am sure there are a lot of qualified girls/women that can change brakes themselves, but I am one girl who cant change brakes.
I am wondering if I have a leg to stand on when challenging the service manager at Audi?