General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Home Link - This has been beat to death...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:16 PM
3rd Gear
Default Home Link - This has been beat to death...

Ok. Are there any Audi techs out there that can simply list the procedure to program the home link? There are tons of threads out there on this topic but none of them have answered the question of how to program the home link. I don't have a manual and it really sucks. I have cleared out any old codes that could have been programmed already and I'm now ready to start from scratch.

This is how I would have thought it would work, as it is how it has worked in my last three cars...

1. If the garage is equipped with a "learn" button, make sure it has been turned on.

2. Hold down the home link button that you want to program with the garage door opener.

3. While holding down the home link button, press the button on the garage door controller until the garage recognizes the home link and it has been programmed.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I would like to be able to use this feature but refuse to call or go to the stealership for assistance.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Home Link - This has been beat to death...

Oh, come on. Don't make me go to the stealer...

Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM

nothing in my database mate it must be a near new motor, millionaire's row in the UK for auto garage door opening devices we just use the key in the lock lol

Old 01-15-2006, 01:55 AM

I don't know if it is the same but my 2004 S4 has homelink. To program it,
Clear all codes in the car by holding both outside buttons of homelink until blinks quickly.
1) Hit learn on the Garage door opener.
2) Push the button you want to program
3) Go to the front right headlight and hold the garage door opener 2 inches from the bumper right below it.
4) Push button for 2 seconds and release, then push right away and hold 2 seconds and release
(Do this until corner lights blink 3 times)
5) Push button that you just programmed, it should now work, if not let me know and I will try and walk you through it.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:23 AM
3rd Gear

Well, I found out what the deal was. I was doing everything right. I live in a apartment with an attached garage. They set up the garages so you can't program the home link in your car. It's a security deal for when people move out and they can't come back and open the garage.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: cary12

Well, I found out what the deal was. I was doing everything right. I live in a apartment with an attached garage. They set up the garages so you can't program the home link in your car. It's a security deal for when people move out and they can't come back and open the garage.
Obviously you'll hafta replace your garage