General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How much does it cost to maintain an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
1st Gear
Default How much does it cost to maintain an Audi

Will someone tell me? how much an hour? how much does it cost to change the oil? whats the cheapest that could be found?

Old 05-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Default RE: How much does it cost to maintain an Audi

Seriously, if you want to own an Audi, get a decent set of tools (including Torx bits - you'll need 'em), and do as much as possible yourself. The dealers have crazy rates (I've heard over $100/hour), and you'll pay out the nose for even little servicing. As for oil changes, do it yourself. You don't even have to jack the car up. You need oil, filter, and a screwdriver, and that's it. $20 or less, 20 minutes of your time, and it's done. Being completely straight with you, if you are taking the car in to have the oil changed, it's gonna kill you in maintenance costs. The more you do yourself, the more reasonable it is to own the car. If you do buy one though, try to find one with as complete a service history as you can, so you can at least see what has been done already. Take a look at the top of the forum - there's a newbie's guide that will answer a lot of your questions and help you decide whether you want to get into owning one of these cars.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

no I just want to shut my dad up about how much he complains about how I cant afford the maintenence on the damn car and how I cant change the oil, I really want this 2.7T A6 and I can afford it, I am tired of people telling me how foolish I am for wanting one

Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

lol well im in that situation
i work, school and soccer all week
to tell you the truth...... its not hard and expensive to own the car, i was 19 when i got the car a 01 a6
well as upstate said, its better to do things yourself and learn fast about cars. You wouldsave alot of money if you do the oil change and other simple things......
but when the bad thing is you do need to save extra money just incase if anything happens if it happens..... first parts for the car aint cheap simple oil pan or other things can run u up to more than 100 and you have to do the work if you know what ur doing

other than that its simple and easy....... just take car of the car as much as possible and it will last ( if u can get the warranty, it will hep alot when u need to take it to service) or so i heard, i personally dont have it but regret it not getting it

Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Help!

I am 19 and really want to buy an Audi 2002 a4 b6 multitronic (this one 2002 Audi A4 B6 Cars for sale in NSW - Carsales Mobile). I have a job that is reasonably consistent and I predict I will continue to make anywhere from 600-1000 a week. I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding cars though I really like this one. I have a friend that knows quite abit about cars but I wanted an outsourced opinion. Am I being realistic, or is this a purchase that would just become a burden? I seem to have the same problem, regarding a family that naively go off the fact that the car has the badge of a luxury car brand on it, but at the same tome the fact that eiropean cars are obviously more money to maintain, ontop of the fact that the car is more expensive regarding petrol etc. just looking for that more knowledgable figure to tell me to stop being an idiot or otherwise. From what I have been told it is a very good deal. Really want some insight from what seem to be some very knowledgable Audi lovers. Help would be very much appreciated, thanks!