General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

hvac issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear
Default hvac issues

alright so my compressor has blown. due to an accedent and somehow the repair and all that got over looked too late for me. so i have to do it myself. dont worry about all that. the suction and dicharge lines got pinched and deprive the compressor of oil. so it blew.

i got new lines, compressorfot andaccumulator.

took apart old compressor it looked all burnt up with little signs of metal shaving. took out fot(fixed orphace tube, metering device, expansion valve) whatever you wanna call it. and it was also chard with burnt oil and little signs of metal shavings. maybe im sugar coating **** hoping itll taste good.

but when i flushed the condensor. (reverse flush) it flowed just fine and there was no metal shaving. this is probably due to them lodged in there? or did they flow through and i dont need to get a condensor? i really dont wanna find one. whats the chances of me putting all this togeather and it working tip top? if i hook it up and it works if there is metal shavings ill need to change the fot again? is doing this a bad idea?

i should also flush my evap right? that is something im not sure how to do. i know the lines are where the service port is. what do i just hook it to there and revese flush it? like the condessor?

advice from people who know what there talking about would be much appreciated. i dont wanna do all this and have to go buy more parts cuz i didnt do it right the first time. i should flush all my lines too?

laters
matasci

2000 a4 nonquattro atw b5 1.8