General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Default LIGHTS

I EXPECT MANY OF YOU HAVE HEARD THIS BEFORE,BUT HERE GOES-: I THINK MY LIGHTS (HEAD NATURALLY!) ON MY A4 1.9 TDI YEAR 2000 MUST BE THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER HAD.I'VE GOT AN OLD CITROEN 900CC THAT I RUN THE DOG AROUND IN AND THE HEADLIGHTS ON THIS BUCKET ARE BETTER THAN ON MY AUDI.I'VE CHANGED TO THE H7'S TO NO EFFECT (IT'S JUST WHITER!)

Old 09-17-2004, 04:28 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: LIGHTS

Well at least you don't have the two piece glass headlights. I changed mine out for euro one piece and added a 4300k philips xenon kit. The light output is MUCH better.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

Well, by all means do this at your own risk. I changed my H7 55watt bulbs on my 2000 A4 1.8t to 100watt bulbs. It throws more than enought light now. If you have fog lights, try 100 watt bulbs in there too. That'll take you from 220 to 400 watts. I can't remember how many total lumens it outputs with the 100 watt bulbs but it's well over double the stock bulbs. I've had this done for about 6 months, during the dead heat of the summer here and had no problems at all. Pm me if you want the numbers off the bulbs I ordered. They're abouut $37.00 a pair. On another note, if your lights are really that bad, check the lenses, they could be clouded or just plain dirty. I mean the inside focal lense, not the outside housing. Hope this helps.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:49 PM
6th Gear

Doose, I can't believe you havnt melted your lights yet!

Old 09-21-2004, 02:42 AM
2nd Gear

The secret is, keep it above 100 mph. Works everytime. Seriously, had them all summer in the heat even, and no problem.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:00 PM
3rd Gear

You haven't been officially welcomed. So...

Welcome to the forum !

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with questions about their Audi or related subjects. It is a great site to find camaraderie with other "Audiphiles", too. I hope you find it to your liking.

If you're not familiar with this forum and the vocabulary, please click HERE or you can, at any time, go to the "New Member Welcome Area" forum and click on the "START HERE!" post at the top of the forum. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.

If you want to notify us about a personal problem with the site or file a complaint about a particular member, please feel free to PM the Admin, me, or any other moderator. We will keep your PM confidential and respond as soon as possible. Otherwise, please feel free to post public messages about the forum on the "Forum Issues" forum (found at the bottom of the main menu). It is there that we prefer you "test" your sig, too.

We all welcome you and hope you find this sight informative and enjoyable.
================================================== ===========
BTW: Turn off your caps button! You're YELLING when you use caps.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:29 PM
6th Gear

100 miles an hour eh? hmmm...i'll keep that in mind.