General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Lots of blue smoke

Old 04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Lots of blue smoke

I went away for a week came back to a broken car. My girl was driving and the oil lamp light came on . She thought that meant add oil and over filled it 2 quarts after all ready driving it for 20 min with the oil lamplight on. The check engine light then came on . The car did not over heat.it. It then started making noise like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle and the lifters were tapping.She then parked the car.So i got home drained the oil and changed my pick up and oil pump. The pick up was very clogged with sludge pieces. I cleaned the oil pan and reassembled everything.. The car now runs at 800rpm smooth and smokes tons of blue/white smoke. Lots of it! so here we go The check engine light is on--- the car feels like the turbo is not spooling -- and after 5 min it gets a little rough then smootes out --I drove it a little and its slower ( maybe no turbo). The lifters are quite now--It did loose all power in second gear once but i put it back in gear and it went. I think the turbo is blown so its just throwing oil threw and burning it out of the exhaust. I know it could also be bad seals and or a head gasket! What do you guys think. I havnt been able to get the check engine code yet but im plaining on doing it later this week. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also i may be looking for a 1.8t motor and or turbo depending on what the out come is.