General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help!! Need good tech in Rhode Island!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Default Need Help!! Need good tech in Rhode Island!

Need some help. My 2002 Audi A8L 4.2 Quattro won't run. It turns overs but won't start. My mechanic said that at least one of the computers isn't working. The instruments on the dash are completely dead. I believe he has run diagnostic tools on this and my previous A8. Not sure if he doesn't have all the right tools or if it really is something that only Audi can do.He mentioned something about an error code about the crank sensor. He said that I need to take it to Audi. They have to figure out which computer needs to be replaced and then program a new one. He said that they are the only ones that can do it. Unfortunately, my closest audi dealer can't do anything right. The last time I brought a car in it took 4 months for them to fix the brakes. No exageration. 4 flippin' months. The next closest dealer, while more competent, can't wait to bend me (or anybody else) over, and stick it to me with a big fat invoice. What can I do? Thanks

Anybody know an independent and competent tech in or around RI that has the ability to diagnose and handle a problem like this? And not charge me an arm and leg?

Thanks,
Rick