General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New to Audis.. BOSE speaker issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
1st Gear
Default New to Audis.. BOSE speaker issues

Hiya everyone. I finally got around to purchasing (affording) an Audi A4 this week and collected my 2007 Audi A4 2.0tdi 170 on Monday. Am more than happy with it, the only little problem I have is that the speaker and tweeter on the driver door are not working. The car has the RNSE sat nav stereo in and I have done all the usual fader/balance checks. Basically all the other speakers are working apart from the drivers door ones.

Now I have googled how to remove the door card, and also sourced some stereo removal keys. My question is which to try first and also aside from 'wiggling the cables' if I do removed the door card whats is my best plan of attack.

I know it's a rather simple query and I hope I've put it in the right place.
but lets be honest if I make a mess of me and the wife's new Audi.. she'll kill me

thanks alot
Si

Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

I would go for removing the door panel first if only the driver speakers dont work. Once the door is off it will be very easy to tell if the speakers are unpllugged or not. The tweeter plugs in right next to the loudspeaker. Also you might want to pick up 6 door clips as they are plastic and tend to break removing the door.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

Cheers for that mate.. have bought some clips.. hopefully I'll get it off without knackering anything.. I used to do it all the time on my old minis.. but something tells me there might be more 'stuff' behind these uns.