General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Forcefed blowoff valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Default New Forcefed blowoff valve

Hey guys, I just wanted to show off our brand new Force-Fed Blowoff Valve and get you guys talking about it. It's one of the biggest ones out there and we're so excited to finally get it out into the market.

More pictures and information can be found at our website:
http://www.cravingboost.com

I will gladly answer e-mail questions and I'll do my best to reply to questions in this thread. Let me know what you think!

John

PS I have read a lot of posts on this forum about how Audi's have "closed loop boost systems" and "can't run BOV's".... There are loads of cars out there that run on the same AMM/MAF/MAS type of system, so this is nothing special. All you have to do is keep the BOV closed at idle with a really stiff spring (else the car will die), and make sure that the BOV operates quickly (which ours do!) so it doesn't hang open and cause the car to get too rich after a shift. I found several posts with guys saying "I run XX blowoff valve vent to atmosphere and it works great." Just trying to prevent the flame war that I feel like I'm about to start here... haha.