General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new to the forum, got a question

Old 10-05-2006, 02:50 AM
1st Gear
Default new to the forum, got a question

so i got a blue audi A4 with a apr stage3 turbo kit installed by Apr. i bought it with a check engine light for the p0422 code. bank1 maincatalyst below threshold. i have heard of this problem with alot of audi's and vw's when they get the stage3 turbo kit from apr, that includes a highflow cat. i took it to emissions twice now and got rejected. both for the same reason. i cleared my diagnostic codes to eliminate the check engine light. first time i had just cleared it in the emissions waiting line. obviously needed to run drive cycle. 2nd time i brought it back after i thought a drive cycle had completed, however it had not. apparently they passed a law in 2005 (in st,louis missouri that is) stating any car OBDII would have to pass through the plug in. and will not be aloud to drive on the machine. THAT ****S ME OVER.... cause it runs prefectly.

any ideas.

i ordered a spacer that might clear my code after a drive cycle. basically, where the o2 sensor plugs into the downpipe. this metal cylinder thats about 1 1/2 long screws in to the exhaust and the sensor screws into it. putting the sensor that much farther from the exhaust passing by. hopefully this will help me.

if not i assume i should take it to the local apr dealership. (reidvann) at manchester and mknight and they will have to figure it out.. i mean it is from the apr stage3 kit ( the highflow cat that came with it ).

ALSO: its been to reidvann twice already, in the past 2 weeks. first time the took the chip off and sent it to apr. apr then loaded a custom testpipe file to compansate for the CAT. i drove it home and the check engine light came back on. took it back and they took off every sensor, the MAF and O2's and **** and cleaned them and made sure they all worked properly. i drove it home and the check engine light came back on.

what should i do.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:33 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new to the forum, got a question

if anyone could shine some light on this problem, or if they have heard of this problem before i would appreicate it. also if there is any info that would help let me know.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Default check engine lighjt - computer reprogram?

Check engine light -dealer said computer needs update/reprogram - $400......what is this? Anyone else run into this