General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New models - when?

Old 08-10-2004, 09:40 AM
1st Gear
Default New models - when?

Can anyone shed some light on the following vehicles?

Audi A4 Coupe

A salesman told me that this model is coming to the U.K. in 2005. However, according to a statement made by the boss of Audi UK, it won't be available until 2006. Confusing, isn't it?

It is rumoured that the A4 Coupe will feature 'individual styling', whatever that means. Hopefully, they won't crucify the Coupe with that awful grille fitted to the new A6.

Knowing Audi, an AWD version is a virtual certainty?

BMW 4 Series Coupe

This is a long way off and the competition seems to be mounting a concerted efforted to attract potential buyers away. Is it likely to be worth the wait?

Mercedes-Benz CLK

This model has been recently facelifted. Following the normal cycle, does this imply a new model in 2007?

Saab 9-3 AWD version

When will this become a reality?

Volvo replacement for C70 Coupe

Scheduled for 2005, although I cannot discern whether or not it is going to be in the shape of the rumoured smaller (C50) coupe. Should we then expect two Coupe variants?

Just comment on whatever interests you.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New models - when?

You might want to go to www.audi-sport.net for the lowdown on UK arrivals. The guys there are well informed.

As far as the other models: It isn't something we would know here (probably) because we aren't BMW, Benz, Saab, and Volvo enthusiasts. Again, it's a UK thing and best answered by UK enthusiasts of each maker.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but audi-sport.net is a start.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New models - when?

Mercedes-Benz CLK

This model has been recently facelifted. Following the normal cycle, does this imply a new model in 2007?
Don't know about the CLK per se, but a facelift usually means a new body style, or even just a slightly different looking one (kind if like how BMW keeps "updating" the 3 series facia, but it's still more or less the same car). It's a pretty loose term and usually means what I just said with no major changes to the platform, but at it's most extreme it could theoretically mean a new model (not likely though).