General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please Help! 2000 A4 Quattro 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Please Help! 2000 A4 Quattro 2.8

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for taking the time to read this any and all advice is greatly appreciated, The car 2000 AUDI A4 QUATTRO 2.8 V6 ( engine code ATQ )Car has about 210,000 miles all stock minus K&N Cold Air Intake. So i failed Emissions OBD2 inspection ( Massachusetts for a laundry list of thing been slowly picking away at all of them the other day i decided to remove inspect and clean my EGR valves, cleaned them out a hell of alot better then they were cleaned all the flanges installed with new gaskets replaced the vac line from one EGR to the other there was about 5 holes/cracks throughout the line cleaned out my crank case vent tube ( no cracks ) cleaned my MAF with the MAF aerosal cleaner ( nothing new use few times a year on Audi ) did the driver side valve cover and tube seals rtv'd valley torque to spec.. pulled and inspected all plug wires and boots all in great shape got done fired up car and wow here is a new problem...a serious one its misfiring really bad at idle and unde rload at low RPMS when i reach higher RPMS it will smooth out but has very little power i orig did all this to try to correct a studder i would have at low rpm or low under load now its bad i wont even attempt to drive it you can hear the missfire at idle through the exhaust sound like a cammed funny car and it pops when i am on the throttle, i went through all plugs and connectors triple checked my wire to firing order i have new plugs and wires in the car i am thinking
A) faulty Coil Pack
B) Maybe I messed up EGR
C) Injector
D) Side Note : the plug to my MAF ( chassis side harness/plug ) there are wires going into the plug per usual but looking closer there is a broke clean or cut black wire this confuses me i took a quick min and looked could not find where this wires home was i have not yet scanned my PCM I am waiting on a friend with scan tool please guys any help or advice id really appreciate it, thank you - J

Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Any of the ideas you mention could help but really you need to wait until it's scanned to know where to work. Take it to Advance Auto - they'll scan it free and give you your codes. Post them and we can help you from there.