General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Power Seat issue

Hi. This is very embarrassing but I'll ask anyway in hopes this might be a simple fix. Yesterday, my wife and I purchased a used 2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet Convertible. The car was in mint condition and the test drive went very well - only 52k miles on it. Today, we go to drive it around and find that the front passenger seat has no power to it - none of the three switches on the right side nor the one up near the headrest do anything - not even a clicking sound when any of the buttons are pressed. It's almost as if there is no power to the seat. I read already that there are no fuses - is it possible a breaker is tripped or something else? We did purchase an extended warranty but are hoping we can resolve this ourselves. Unfortunately the purchase was from a dealer in PA who specializes in used German imports and was not an Audi deal per se. Any idea as to where I can start in hopes of resolving this. Sadly the seat is all the way back so it is impossible for anyone to ride in the rear passenger spot - I can't even get my head down there to look under the seat. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

guess it's fixed now!