General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Question about 93' Audi S 100 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Default Question about 93' Audi S 100 Sedan

Hi. I have a 93' Audi S 100 Sedan with 113.000 miles on it. I'm the 2nd owner with a title. My father was the one who purchased this car for himself in 98' and didn't drive the car much at all.. back and forth to his work which is 10-15 min away from our house. I had 01 S4 which was giving me alot of problems in every single way possible meanwhile the S100 my dad has never ever gave him any problems. A month ago I got rid of the S4 gave it back to my bank who gave me the loan for the car and my dad gave me his S100. The car has not been driven since 2003 - It was parked in our own private driveway - on concrete not grass. The inspection sticker is done on 2003 - the last time Inspection was done. I want to give re-birth to this car, so few days ago I decided to start that car that hasn't been turned on in about 2.5yrs now. The car wouldn't start. So I went underneath the car and discovered a bad wire that has been burned and a bad starter. I went to Audo Zone and purchased a brand new starter $140 and the car turns on beautifly, the engine is smooth as ever I even took it outside for a short ride just to get the wheels moving and it was so nice, except that I like a stiff steering wheel instead of soft one ( Any way to fix this and give it a stiff steering wheel??)

So far, I need to replace brake pads, front and back, they are heavily damaged, the discs are fine, I will just put some WD-40 to polish and lubricate them a little bit. I have new set of tires and brand new rims that I got for free from my friend. They are 16" RIMS from 01 Audi A4 2.8 - They will fit right ?? I will also get new wiper blades, windshield looks just like new...everything works perfectly fine..with Alpine stereo system. This car is in mint condition. I will also change oil, get the inspection done...and get a new paint job - original navy blue color. $399 at Macco's is a great price. I am also interested in putting Viper remopte starter/security kit inside... since I don't have keyless entry.

This car just looks and feels better than the one I had (01 Audi S4 2.7 BI-TURBO.

Why do older Audis feel and just look better while driving. Todays Audis seems like everything is rushed when built by robots - older Audis most likely were hand built.

So I gave you a little background here of the car now here's my question..

Since the car has been not driven for 3 years at all, and now me wanting to give it another birth and replace few things - should it be safe to drive ?? If I replace all the neccessary things which really won't cost me much at all. Timing belt, water pump and other expensive parts seem to be just in FINE, OK condition. Also I'm interested in getting a better headlights, possibly xenon...or something STRONGER, brighter than the ones I have on now (factory regular headlights)

What are your opinions on this car ?