General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Recall held up registration

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Recall held up registration

I didnt even know my tags were up yet, got pulled over, you know the rest. Went and paid fees and told I cant register it because there is an ignition coil recall. I called the shop that works on my car, they have already replaced 4 of them, said that if i took it to them, paid them to replace the last 2, it would take care of the recall. They are not an Authorized Audi Dealership/Service. I contacted the dealer, who happens to be over 3 hours away, they said they inspect and replace if needed. I know for a fact that the two I haven't replaced myself were replaced by previous owner, they are the only two that never matched the others. what sucks is that I have to drive a total of 6 hours to have my coils inspected, the shop, if they were authorized, should be able to inspect the coil and not just replace it, and all this to get my tags. What a pain in the ***. They are out pretty far on appointments so if I were to try to get out of work to go handle this, I cant without an appointment. I tried finding out if other shops could handle this, but no straight answer. Its not under warranty, its a 2002 A6