General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Trouble with throttle and abrupt stopping

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Default Trouble with throttle and abrupt stopping

Hey guys, I brought a 2002 A6 2.7t quattro with about 90000miles on it about 6 months ago. Everythings been running smooth until recently, at first i had trouble with accelerating around 60+ there would be little or no response when the pedal is down half way. Now the car would come to a complete stop when I am not on the gas, it feels almost like driving with the hand brakes on. If I accelerate to about 50 and just it ride, the car would come to a stop in about 3-4 secs. The car in neutral doesnt move an inch on my drive way which has a slight slope about 20-30 degrees. There also seems to be a loud vaccum sucking like noise when Im on the gas which wasnt there before. The car is currently in the shop, so far i have replace spark plugs, air filter and fuel filter. They guys said that he wasnt really sure of the problem and told me to get a turn up, after the tune up the car was better for like 3 mins and went back to the same thing. Now he said that it might be the transmission fluid that needs replacing which im suppose to replace on monday. This is my first car so i have little or no experiences, any comments or advice would be appraciate thanks!