Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

A4 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Intake

Hey everyone,

I just leased a 2014 A4, and I have a few questions for anyone who can help me out. I used to have a Jetta 1.8t with a cold air intake. I LOVED the "whoosh" sound that would come out of the intake whenever I would shift. Fast forward 10 years, and I decided to lease a '14 A4 2.0T.

First does anyone have experience with the K&N 69-9505T Intake? How does it sound?

Second, my "racing" days are long over, now I just want something with a little pep and luxury, but I still REALLY miss that sound. Im not trying to do any crazy mods, just the intake. As long as I keep all the OEM parts for when the lease is up, do you guys think the dealership will bust my chops if I take it in for an oil change? Its not a big deal to swap them out when I need my oil changed, but if they dont care I wont bother.

Thanks everyone!

Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz
As long as I keep all the OEM parts for when the lease is up, do you guys think the dealership will bust my chops if I take it in for an oil change? Its not a big deal to swap them out when I need my oil changed, but if they dont care I wont bother.
Depends on your relationship with your service manager, and if you have a dedicated tech, or not. Cultivate your relationship with your SM. Work on him/her using teh SAME tech, every time your car comes in, and you'll eventually be OK with not bothering to swap them in/out each time. It'll take time, but, eventually.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear

Does anyone have any pictures of an intake they did? I know it's simple I did it on my other car but just curious to see what others have done. I put a filter right off my MAF in my other car. Gave the nice whoosh sound and that's all I wanted. I know it does nothing for power and in some cases you even lose a little HP.