Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Blow-out valve? and Cold air intake.....HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 AM
Default Blow-out valve? and Cold air intake.....HELP

Hi my name is Chad and I have a 2001 A6 2.7T quatro and was wondering if anyone knows of any such upgrades as blow-out valve for my car as well as a cold air intake that would give me more horses?

Thanks

Old 04-24-2006, 04:45 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Blow-out valve? and Cold air intake.....HELP

those particualar mods most likely wont give you any hp gains. blow off valve will give away boost when switching gears, so it can acually lower you hp. but not enough to notice. diverter valve is better, but no cool sound. dont know anything about the intakes for the 2.7 v6's

Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Blow-out valve? and Cold air intake.....HELP

fellas fellas.. let's not get this confused.. i'll try to put this in lamens terms to make it easier to understand:

bov's and dv's are technically the same thing.. they serve the same purpose.. they blow off excess air and lets the turbo keep spinning between shifts so there's less lag and less stress on the turbo.

however, these cars need diverter valves since the maf sensor gets the ecu all confused if the air does not get recirculated. thus causing a rich condition, which equals less hp.

for hp, we can chip your car with REVO ($599) to get you a ton more hp immediately and then you should also upgrade your dv's. the best ones are the hyperboost hx (see on our website) which you can get for $300 (discounted for the twin turbos since they need to buy two -- full price is technically $340 for two).

call the shop sometime between tue-sat and we'll get this all set up for you. you'll love the jump in hp/tq!!!

/emil