Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

No suction on intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM
1st Gear
Default No suction on intake

Hi everyone I’m in desperate need of advice, I’m sure I know the outcome but I’m hoping the news isn’t as bad as I expect.
So a few weeks ago I bought an A4 B6 2.5 v6 TDI, the car looked great and looked well maintained, took it for a test drive and every felt tight working as it should.
Drove it home with no issues whatsoever.
Unfortunately when I get it home I switch it off and then it refused to restart. After checking the car over there seems to be no suction whatsoever on the air intake and have been advised it seems the timing belt has jumped.
Ive stripped down the hole front of the car, locked up top right cam and crank and couldn’t get the locking tool into the top left cam but using a mirror managed to line it up using the locking marks inside.
Have removed the belt, made sure timing was all fine and it’s virtually spot on, if anything left cam may have jumped a tooth but doesn’t look anymore than that so adjusted that according and replaced belt.
I turned it over a few times by hand on the crank and it feels like there is compression there, can even hear air hissing but when I try and turn it over have the same issue with no suction on the air intake and not firing.
I’m now thinking that the timing belt has jumped and has bent valves hence why there is no suction on the intake, can anybody confirm this is why this is happening or if not this can anybody point me onto what else could be causing this?
Many thanks.