Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Puzzled idiot. Story follows.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Puzzled idiot. Story follows.

I'm looking for suggestions to proceed.

I have a 2006/7 Audi a3 quarto tdi 2.0 170
I've had it 9 years and it's now at 130000 miles.

Sound proofing seems to have lessened (Road noise higher) but I accept that.

Three weeks ago it had its second cambelt change. Immediately after exhaust fumes came into car from the climate control.

Dealer had it a week. They found a cracked metal pipe which they changed and it wasn't cracked at all. Then they said the exhaust manifold was leaking and fixed that.

Seemed ok for few days when a pothole took out my nearside front and when being replaced the tracking was 3mm out and WA adjusted.

The tyre dealer commented that the fumes are troubling and the DPF may be at fault.

I didn't think this model had a DPF.

I Drove home to clouds of smelly white exhaust fumes.

I went to my nearer usual garage this time but by the time I got there the smoke (it wasn't steam) had stopped. The smell persisted.

The garage couldnt replicate the smoke (might it be unburned diesel?) but said the emu had 'lots' of error messages which when they were cleared, didn't return!

It's running fine. It's not smoking. It is smelling still. (garage couldn't track source either)

Thoughts?

Carl North Wales uk