Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Intake, Headers and Exhaust
Will a test pipe turn on a engine light >

Will a test pipe turn on a engine light

Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a test pipe turn on a engine light

Old 11-30-2008, 10:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Will a test pipe turn on a engine light

Like the title says, will a test pipe turn on a check engine light. I have a 99 a4 and my cat is plugged up from the previous owner. This is my daily driver so i dont want the annoying light on. If the test pipe is going to through cat. codes should i get a high flow cat, and will it through any codes? What companies would you recommend. I dont want the most expensive, but i want a nice piece. thanks

Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

im not sure what you mean by plugged up. normally it would put on the chech engine light but theres ways to get around it, you could get a shop to clear that code. also theres a way do it with spark plug non foulers. you should check out ebay just search test pipes they are nice pieces and they are not expensive.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
im not sure what you mean by plugged up.
the guy i bought the car off drove around with a bad ignition control module causing a misfire causing the plugged cat. I did some more research about testpipes and im going to weld on an extension to the rear 02 sensor keeping it away from the direct flow of exhaust

Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

just a little heads up on where not to get your test pipe from. DONT go through eurocode tunning. i bought my evolution racewerks test pipe from them, and it took me having to call and write to evolution personaly. thats only after calling euro code over a dozen times. and even after getting the test pipe i didnt get the two gaskets that i needed. the test pipe is ok helped alot though. good luck

Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

yea im not buying a test pipe right now i just gutted the cat until i can afford an exhaust. I had this rattle coming from the turbo so when i pulled the cat i found that the wastegate flapper would not close and the shaft that went through the turbine housing was worn out, along with blown seals and shaft play.