Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Ambient interior lighting - yes or no?
good idea
85.71%
bad idea
0%
"kind of" a good idea (explain in post)
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Ambient interior lighting - yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Ambient interior lighting - yes or no?

Basically I was considering buying a Scion tC a while ago, but i realized the only thing I really loved about it was that there was factory ambient lighting on the interior of the car.
Basically, they put led lights under the dash (by the pedals) on both the drivers and passenger side of the car. Also, there are lights in the cup holders, so that when you have a clear water bottle in there, the whole thing lights up the color of the light.

Then it dawned upon me that I could probably do this to my car with not a lot of trouble. I would put red led lights (dim ones) down where they would be in the Scion, but I wouldn't do the cup holder thing. That sounds like a lot of work that I'm not willing to delve into.

I also thought it would be cool to maybe put some leds in the air vents, but that might be going too far, because 1) you would see the light in there and 2) it might be overpowering where everything else is already lit up. I like the ones below because the light source wouldn't be visible and there is nothing lit up down there already.

So what do you think? Also, if you think its a good idea, could you give me a crash course on how to do this without making it look too "homemade"?

Old 10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

anything you need will be there from power controllers, wires, lights, relays. you name it they got it as far as LEDs go.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom
http://www.superbrightleds.com/

anything you need will be there from power controllers, wires, lights, relays. you name it they got it as far as LEDs go.
I considered them already, though their name "Super Bright LEDs" isnt exactly what i was looking for. I know they make other stuff, dont get me wrong.

i just need to know like what goes where and how. I have no idea how i would go about this.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
4th Gear

so i assume u want them lit up all the time correct? I have just replaced the bulbs where my stock lights are. The interior are dim cuz i wanted em dim and the ones on the doors are fairly bright. I havent got a chance to order bulbs for the overhead lights yet but not sure if i want it that bright in my car. But if u want em on all the time u guna have to set up wires and a switch for this.