Audi A4 AMI Query - AudiForums.com

Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Smile Audi A4 AMI Query

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and the Audi scene in general. Picked myself up a 2009 Audi A4 estate yesterday and I'm totally in love

Got a query re the AMI. I was expecting after some research, to have an interface in the glove box, with the box for slotting in an iPod, and I had intended to connect a Bluetooth adapter to it and be away as I use streaming services on my mobile phone. However, on receipt of the car I merely have the remains of a removed box and no AMI connection at all.

it's an Audi Symphony and this is the car:

I do have this in the centre arm rest though:

Am I right in assuming that when this was installed, they would have re-routed the AMI and connected this thing to it?

I'm hoping someone on here has the experience to educate me as if that is the case, I assume I can buy back the AMI glove compartment connection and get a professional to switch it back ? Or maybe even just expose the AMI connector and hook up the Bluetooth adapter where it sits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Handaloo

PS - Apologies if this posts twice, I attempted to post it earlier today but nothing seemed to happen!