Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

b5 a4 sport seats, heated or not? how to tell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:34 AM
1st Gear
Default b5 a4 sport seats, heated or not? how to tell?

So like most of us with leather seats, mine are ripped in the middle and the passenger side is beginning to rip as well (driving around the gf).

I recently came across a set of "sport seats" for the front and rear that are cloth seats and I would love to have them in my car. However, I have the cold weather package which includes the heated seats and I'm not about to give those up for anything. The owner of the sports seats says that he was told they are heated seats when he bought them, but he didn't have the heated seat option in his car so he never got to test them out.

My question is, how can you tell if the seats are heated or not? I've been doing alot of research (as well as searching the forums) and I've come to the conclusion that the green connectors are for the seat warmers. If this is the case, then the sport seats he claims are heated in fact ARE NOT, because in the picture they only have a black connector on the bottom. Please let me know if I'm right or not, as I would love to have the sport seats in my car but I'm not about to spend $$$ on new seats if they aren't heated.

My car is a 2001 a4 1.8t quattro 5-speed if that matters. Thanks in advance for any insight on this. I can post pics of the seats in question if needed.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

I don't believe they are heated...I sent my German friend an email and as soon as I get an answer i will hit you back up...