Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

B6 A4 Dash Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default B6 A4 Dash Removal

I have done a bit of searching, but I have been unable to find a write up or information of removing the UPPER dash on a B6. I have the brown/tan interior, and would love to repaint the dash and upper door pieces to match the black exterior. Has anyone doen this and if so, was it difficult?

Old 05-16-2012, 03:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Upper dash removal please!!!

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Come on guys NOBODY knows?

I live in Thailand and theres no AUDI dealerships etc have to do everything ourselves and the b6 only came with the horrible tan interior here( at least im yet to find one with black interior)

Any way I managed to score a full RS4 interior including dash and platic trim parts from a friend. They're being shipped now.

Lower dash is easy enough but the upper dash not sure whats involved in removal.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT (EVEN IF ITS JUST A ROUGH IDEA)

Thanks in advance

Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Nope, I haven't had a single reply. I would attempt it myself, but this is my daily driver, and don't want to start something without knowing exactly what I'm getting into. I've seen great results from painted interiors and want to try it myself, but would like at least some info on how to remove the dash without breaking anything.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

same here my daily drive too.

Pain in the **** if I can't finish the job :-(

I found this online it's not really a guide but tells you what nuts and bolts and where.
A4 b6 dash removal (air bag blown))

If you combine it with the pictures from this trim removal article you can see the side ones. No pics for the others though.

Audi B6/B7 S4 DIY: Interior Trim Swap

I did this once in a vectra is was a ba****d of a job. electrics everywhere and actually all the dash and metal frame etc had to come away and unplug all the electrics. try to remeber where they all went.

But looking into the a4 b6 seems it may just be a plastic overlay that actually removes from the metal frame inside. leaving all the electrics where they are.

Maybe straight forward.

What are you thoughts?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

go here, the guy who made this article will tell you what to do just make an account for free, and pm him, he loves helping ppl with this stuff, he might ask you to take pics along the way but thats a small price to pay for free advice.

LET ME KNOW how it goes because im in the same boat, who the hell wants a tan interior in a black car? i mean really!