Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Black Suede Headliner

Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Black Suede Headliner

Hey Guys!

Say hello to the newest addition my car Let me know what you think! Next stop two-tone seats!

Attached Thumbnails Black Suede Headliner-dsc_2789.jpg   Black Suede Headliner-dsc_2792.jpg   Black Suede Headliner-dsc_2800.jpg   Black Suede Headliner-dsc_2788.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Looks great man - another item on my list too (bought the suede 3 years ago lol).

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

Takes only about 1.5 hours. The hardest part is putting it back in by yourself lol

Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lukestaah View Post
Takes only about 1.5 hours. The hardest part is putting it back in by yourself lol

where did you get the black suede?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sbaer2 View Post
where did you get the black suede?
Jo-Ann's fabric store. You'll need about 3 yards to do the whole headliner. Maybe even more depending on how wide the fabric is.

Store Locator | Joann.com

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lukestaah View Post
Jo-Ann's fabric store. You'll need about 3 yards to do the whole headliner. Maybe even more depending on how wide the fabric is.

Store Locator | Joann.com
thanks man!...btw that did you do for the trim? that black/white design (looks nice) just wondering is that fabric or a sticker type thing? haha

Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sbaer2 View Post
thanks man!...btw that did you do for the trim? that black/white design (looks nice) just wondering is that fabric or a sticker type thing? haha
It was Aloha Print fabric that I found at Jo-Ann's too. The trim was the hardest thing to do because it was a bitch to get the clips on the backside undone without bending it it. But it wasn't that hard to bend them back into shape and then I just used a hot glue gun and rubber cement to put them back on. You can find both of them at Jo-Ann's too.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM
1st Gear

Out of pure curiosity, how did you manage to get those long strips of fabric above each door to hold back into postion? I have to redo my headliner as well but those strips of fabric look like they will peel off and hang. My friends a4 had a problem with those where they did hang down because they broke off when getting the headliner out. Did you glue them or were you just very careful?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MrSnickelsnizer View Post
Out of pure curiosity, how did you manage to get those long strips of fabric above each door to hold back into postion? I have to redo my headliner as well but those strips of fabric look like they will peel off and hang. My friends a4 had a problem with those where they did hang down because they broke off when getting the headliner out. Did you glue them or were you just very careful?
I was pretty careful taking it out. But I did manage to break one (rear passenger side and I just used some adhesive from home depot to stick it back.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

Well that definetly addressed my concerns. I suppose I will have to be super careful lol. Not my best characteristic. When I go to attempt it I will try my best to make a diy considering when I did my doors in suede I forgot too. In fact I wonder if I should post pictures and give people the tricks I used....idk, but thanks again man and that floral print is epic. Thumbs up for sure on the trim work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Suede Headliner

Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.