Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

iPod Compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:27 PM
1st Gear
Default iPod Compatibility?

Hello, I've been browsing these forums for a little while now but I have not posted very much. I recently purchased my first car, a 2004 Audi A6 2.7t. The car has an in-dash 6 CD changer and Sat radio, without the Bose system. I believe it is the Symphony II system.

What I am trying to find out is the most affordable way to wire in an iPod to the stereo. I would like to keep my CD changer, however if it is cheaper to disable the Sat radio this can be done, as I do not plan to pay for a subscription. I would like to attempt to build a mount in the in-dash cup holder, or if that proves too difficult, in the center console or glovebox. If I can manage an install into the cupholder (directly above the stereo), then control through the car buttons is not needed. I have done alot of research and I am very confused about my options.

For example, if I purchased this:
http://www.amazon.com/i-Audi-r-Integ...491&sr=1-3

Would there be an open port for me to connect it? How would this work with my existing in-dash CD changer and sat radio?

Or maybe this?
http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merch...DICE_IPOD_AUDI

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: iPod Compatibility?

blitzafe ipod interface.
hooks up to the stock six disc head unit
crystal clear sound. and $80 i think?