Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Replacing 2001 A6 Quattro Radio with a Double-din in-dash Navigation/DVD receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Replacing 2001 A6 Quattro Radio with a Double-din in-dash Navigation/DVD receiver

Hello fellow Audi lovers and experts

A couple of days ago, I ordered an In-dash Navigatopn/Multimedia system to replace my radio on my 2001 A6 Quattro V8. I am a total noob which means this is my first car ever and I have no clue about it. Once I receive the package, I am planning to go to a local car stereo shop to install it for me.

The new system is double-din. Would that be a problem?

Second question, do I need to buy anything else for the shop to install it? Like a new dash kit or a trim or anything?

Much appreciated.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

First of all, welcome aboard!!

I know my reply might be a bit late, but I was just curious about a couple of things.

First, is the In-dash Navigatopn/Multimedia system you purchased OEM or aftermarket?

Next, is your current radio single-DIN or double-DIN?

I was just curious because I recently replaced MY radio in my 1999 A6 C5 with an aftermarket In-dash Navi system (Pioneer AVIC-X940BT), and had to jump through a few "hoops" to make it work, as my OEM radio was the single-DIN Concert II system.

If your current radio is already double-DIN, then you shouldn't have much of a problem with mounting the new deck. I can think of a few things that you might have to look out for, but not off the top of my head.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

01 is a doubledin - they will sell him a harness at most to make it work

Old 02-07-2015, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for your reply. I have already purchased the radio and installed it but I regret doing it so fast and spending a lot of money on it. So initially, I did not understand the difference between the aftermarket device and OEM. Mine turned out to be an aftermarket system. That required me to buy dash kit that cost me $50 and a harness and the total cost of installation was $160. The radio is very bad and unclear, and the GPS does not search for places.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

$160??? Holy buckets! We don't even charge THAT much for a deck install at the shop I work for. Heck, even doing my side 'work', I only charge $45-$55 (not including parts) for just about any deck install that doesn't require major modifications. I probably should've told you to take the 2 hour drive to Bend and have me do it for you. BTW, what was the manufacturer of the aftermarket system you got? I'm just a tad curious.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

@nubiannupe: If I had known I would definitely have driven to Bend for that. The unit I bought was not really good. The radio is always fuzzy and not clear, I can not search for places using names just actual addresses with the GPS. The brand name is Lanzar and I got it for $192 from carid.com.