Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Suede door accents

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

That looks pretty good, I'm def going to do something like that as soon as it's nice out!

Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 73vette
I used an aerosol adhesive spray, and did it pretty light so it didn't bleed through, but enough to stick. The factory uses a foam padding adhesive, not sure where to get it. Just take your time, cut the fabric to wrap around the panel, and have extra in case you don't like how it turns out. I also started at one edge, and slowly work my way across so I hit all the contours smoothly.
Great thanks, I will give it a go starting from one edge and let you know how it turns out

Thats the weekend sorted.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

So I gots busy and here is the outcome of my current work:-

Name:  IMG00054.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  IMG00053.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  68.1 KB

Name:  IMG00052.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  IMG00051.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  IMG00050.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  99.6 KB

I took the old mouldy interior from a A4 B5 Quattro sitting on a scrap heap and reupholstered with the red cloth, its really transformed the look and Im really pleased.

When I first bought the car I wanted to go all out and strip the interior down and start again, the reason I chose red is because when the car is lit inside at night, each switch has a red glow. The previous interior was green cloth, green carpet and beige headliner, all of which looked as though they'd had their day and didn't look right in a dark grey car

Also going to be respraying car Black with a red flip in the paint so think its going to look sweet.

Last edited by Jallan; 06-16-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Looks good man - you using 3M to bond the skins directly to the existing seat material?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:15 AM
1st Gear

I didn't use any kind of adhesive, all of the existing seat pattern was unstitched and the red was stitched over the black and stitched back together, I then had to use hog ring pliers to fix it back on to the foam which was a struggle but gave it the definition and pattern.

On the doors I used a spray adhesive and took it real slow just to avoid any bleed through.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Kickass - it looks excellent. A project like that will be what I do once my leather finally splits or cracks (as of now it's in good shape). Along the lines of what you and the OP have done, I went a slightly different route and used a dye to two-tone my interior. I did the seats last summer and this past week I got back around to doing the door panels' leather inserts. I reskinned the wood trim with black suede all the way around, as well as on the A-pillars, rear deck, and shift boot. Headliner goes to black suede within the week. Here's a pic from Thursday when I reinstalled the front door panels to complete the dye job work.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

I realized I neglected to give credit where it's due - to the OP, your reskins turned out flawlessly. Looks OEM - I've always been a big fan of interior customizing and it's nice to see that there are others on here who likewise believe in not neglecting it, and who are doing quality work. Very nicely done to both of you guys.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Wow these interiors look amazing...every single one of them. Though I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the green suede, though I bet it would slick with my green a4!

I really need to redo my headliner, door panel inserts, and the door panel grips. Anybody in the DC metro want some bucks & props to take care of it?!

Seriously though, really like each one of these 3. Gives me hope there is life left on my interior. My seats are in great shape, but the doors and headliner need work. That rubberized crap is gone, looks like garbage. The leather door inserts basically flap in the breeze. Headliner is OK, but sags in the rear...

Kudos to you three.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Thank you bro, and yes there's always hope to recon your interior. Headliners and other panels can be replaced or reskinned with new materials. You can re-anchor loose panels easily enough. It's good that your seats are pristine since they're by far the most expensive parts - by comparison, the rest is pretty cheap, and with a little investment in materials you can make a really classy, standout setup. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Any of us can offer advice based on our work and help you make a really nice setup in your car.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

I like what you have done here, good colour scheme, have you got any pics of your headliner?

I've attempted 4 times at mine, the contours and curves are proving difficult to mould around without bleed through, and at £12.00 a metre I seem to be getting through loads of it. Think its time I took it to a shop before losing any more time and money over it.

My plan after headliner is upholstered in red is to install fibre optic lighting, I already have the fibre optics to fit which will take me hours to do but its that kind of time that makes something stand out, something of which you all do on this site....some very good examples and inspiration

Quick Reply: Suede door accents