Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Question to St Louis members

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Question to St Louis members

Ok, this is way off topic. Many, many years ago, my mom and I lived in St Louis. My wife had mentioned maybe going there next month for her birthday, but I haven't been there since the mid 80s. Where are the best places to go? I have heard that St Louis has the worst crime rate in the country now, so what are the places that we should stay away from? What are some nice hotels that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg. Thanks

Old 10-04-2008, 08:03 PM

lol save whatever money your spending and just dont come here lol.About the crime rate, we dont really have the most "crime" per say the reason they put stl so high is due to the population density, we have the most crime for such a small city much worse places. Basically dont go down-downtown lol and for things to do there really isnt anything to do. There a couple nice hotels in the city, the millenium few others maybe. depends on if you want to be downtown or in a smaller city there probly quite a few things to do downtown, but since i dont go down there much I wouldnt know.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

Everybody gots ta get shot at one point or another.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

^ lol, avoid this by stayin away from east/north saint louis. Apperently we also have the highest STD % here as well, lol. The Arch!!!!! thats an attraction, and the new Busch stadium. Also, you can see what inbev has done to AB. I dont know if they changed anything, I dont go down town, plus Im 18. And maybe its just cause I live here, but I would have to agree with Blackjak, I wouldnt come here for a getaway.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your guys input. I remember my mom put me in three different schools because I kept getting head lice, so she ended up putting me in Tower Grove. Someday I would like to go back to check it out. I would like to go up in the Arch again, but I don't know if my wife could make it. I got a really good deal on a hotel in Chicago, so thats where we will be going.