New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming from Subaru and Porsche to the 4 Rings clan.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Coming from Subaru and Porsche to the 4 Rings clan.

Hey all,

I'm most likely going to be snagging a 2000 Audi A6 4.2L, V8. 100k on the clock, clean, I mean REAL clean, timing belt, pump just replaced by the owner, a respected Audi guy in the area. H&R coilovers, Borbet 18x9s, 255s.

I never really got into Audis, but when I saw this one for sale, I wanted it. Did a little research and found this year to be pretty reliable. Only major maintenance was the pump and the belt, which have already been done!

I'm coming over from Subaru and Porsche. Subaru's reliability and customer service is what's driving me away from them. I autocross regularly, instructing, and participate in trackdays 10 times a year or so. The 911 Turbo is for that.

My father raced and built Porsche engines for 30 years, and was also a 30 weekend a year Porsche racer. I learned everything from him.

I'm still in school for my Bachelor's (senior), and it's getting harder and harder to fit in trackdays! Oh well.

I have a few questions for the board, and really want to get into the culture since it seems a lot like Subaru's, but, not weird. So, hopefully I'm welcome!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like the A6 is a ******. Any pictures of it?

Got to love those fender flares.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:49 PM
1st Gear