New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continuing the Audi Tradition

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Continuing the Audi Tradition

Finally my time has come! My family's owned Audi's ever since I was born, and it's time for me to continue doing so. Just bought a '93 90CS in perfect condition, and I have a couple questions. First off, the car was sitting in a garage for a year, untouched. I'm having the battery recharged at an auto parts store now, but I don't know what else I should do. So far on my list I am looking to replace a CV joint (cracked), replace the timing belt (I don't think the previous owner did it, and the car's at 130k miles), and doing an oil change for sure. Any other fluids/filters I should replace?

Second, the only flaw I've found so far on it is the driver's side power seat does not function--it won't move in any direction. I can't hear the motor moving at all, so I'm guessing it's the fuse. Anyone know a good site where I can buy a fuse like that for cheap, and how to replace it?

Lastly, is there any way I can program a new-gen switchblade style key remote to work as my current one? I have the one that looks like this:

but it has a single lock/unlock button in the middle of it, not 3 like the switchblades. Could I use a new fob and program it to work as mine?

Old 01-17-2007, 05:51 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Continuing the Audi Tradition

I dunno about the key but congrats on the car and welcome to the forums

Old 01-17-2007, 06:06 AM
1st Gear

Late and freezing outside, but I just couldn't resist taking pics when I finally drove it home. =)

Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 AM

I would suggest doing a complete tune-up. Fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, etc.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Any idea how to replace the driver's power seat fuse?