New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello

Hi, all- my name is Johnny, just making an introduction for the forums. I have recently purchased a 2000 Audi A6 Quattro for my first car with a large amount of miles and wanted to use this forum as a source of information regarding maintenance and possible improvements in the future.

Currently, the problems I see are:
-Check Engine Light (vacuum leak code, which hoses should I replace?)
-Routine Maint. (flushing oils and seafoaming, any suggestions regarding oil/fluids?)
-Speakers are blown (what would be good in regards to replacements?)
-Weak headlights (owner replaced with some cheap bright white headlights.. doesn't exactly illuminate the forward area.)

So if anyone would be nice enough as to guide me to solve said problems around I'd be very much happy.

My A6 as she sat at the lot-

Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Certified

I did not know there was a vacuum leak fault code. What exactly are the codes you are getting?
As far as engine oil , you should use oil that is VAG 502 00 approved.
Speakers would probably be best to get from a stereo shop or a Best Buy.
Were the complete headlights replaced or was it just the bulbs?
If is just the bulbs , stay away from ones made in China.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

Congrats on the car and welcome to the "issues" club. lots of good information over in the A6 section. Read the stickies.

The search function is your friend (there is also a link around here to an Audi specific search engine, searches a lot of the forum sites, including this one)

good luck

Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

Thank you. I think I'll be trying to keep the car as stock as possible so I'll just be searching for aftermarket speakers that aren't obnoxiously loud and I'm pretty sure I'll just go with a healthy replacement for headlights instead of incredibly bright ones that I see advertised around too often. Turbocharging has recently taken my interest though- I'm open for suggestions