New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello to all

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Default hello to all

hi, I just got a 2002 audi a6 3.0 quattro. has 140,000 on it...

need some additional information

I did the carfax on it and had the vehicle lifted to inspect. so rust on rear frame. and and right rear cv axle possible leaking. brakes are good.

alls great.

I've read about this timing belt issue and I'm scared to death now of it. I have no clue if it has been changed. willing to spend the money to have it fixed I've read about 1300-1500 dollars...

how do i check to see if it needs changing? any simple way...

I'm coming from nissan altima crowd. I know how to do alternators,oil changes, atf drains and refill,brakes, tune ups,etc..

all this germany technology is new to me... any help would be great.

thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

I have very little knowledge on the 3.0, but if it's anything like the 1.8T and 2.8 engines, you should be able to do the timing belt job yourself, for considerably less. Look around the A6 sub forum to see if you can find what you're looking for...

Welcome

Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
I have very little knowledge on the 3.0, but if it's anything like the 1.8T and 2.8 engines, you should be able to do the timing belt job yourself, for considerably less. Look around the A6 sub forum to see if you can find what you're looking for...

Welcome
the way I understand it is you have to complete take the front of the car off down to the frame... maybe it looks alot harder than I suspect!..

thanks again for the answer

Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 AM
4th Gear

its bark is worse that its bite... you can do it with a little time, patience, mechanical skills, and some tools.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

well I did a through body inspection underneath and so far so good.

underneath body I cleaned very well, cleaned all the brake parts with brake cleaner and greased the entire suspension. sprayed lightly rusty area's in rear frame area with some black primer... not bad at all.

in front I took off the bottom cover to inspect. looks like serpitine belt has writing on it of 070713 I take it was made in 07.. so not bad on that being replaced. looks very good. the alternator is very dirty.. but thats about it...

things wrong I've found. my rear wiper sprayer doesn't work, front headlight sprayers don't work but they are there.. everything thing else works fine, no computer errors,

cleaned out the cabin filter and put in a new air filter..

where can one buy fluids around town at for these cars besides dealerships..!!!

I need the red antifreeze and the mineral fluid the g002 00 ,etc... for the power steering incase of being low...

all fluids are fine now..

Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
4th Gear

esctuning.com, but make sure you compile a list of things you want first... shipping is expensive, about 12 bucks, no matter what you order, or how much you order...