New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Default Hello from a new guy

Hi everyone. I'm *almost* a new Audi owner. I'm looking at 2002 - 2005 Avants. The top of the list is a 2002 a6 3.0 with 75,000 miles on it.

I am currently driving a Subaru Outback but it's going to die and I don't want to fix it. I need the wagon style as I need to haul my Bass guitar stuff to gigs on the weekends.

I grew up in Germany and my family had an Audi at one time. I even got my best friend into Audi's and he has an S4.

So, with that said, any tips or pointers anyone can share with me would be awesome. I'm headed to look at the car tomorrow.

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Senior Administrator

Don't know about the 6's, of any vintage, but from a general Audi POV, I'd say FIRST, at that mileage, find out if the timing belt has been replaced? If not, or they can't prove it, have them knock a couple grand off the price because you WILL need to have it done. Unless the price has already taken that into account.

For the BEST advice, post up your question in the A6 section of the forums.

Aside from that, make sure you have about $1k or so/year to set aside for upkeep and maintenance.

Happy hunting! Keep us posted. Pics of your purchase, when you finally pull the trigger would be nice, too!

Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 PM

hi folks..i am also new to the site..thanks for sharing updates here..