New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello... shoppin for a S4... need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Default hello... shoppin for a S4... need help!

hey,
i'm in the market for an S4. i've owned an e46 m3 in the past and recently moved to an infiniti fx35 awd. now i feel like getting into something with looks, power, awd, performance and handling..... so that's what brought me to audi

i'm thinking about getting an 04+ B6 audi S4 cuz i like the shape of that year and the v8 340hp is more appealing to me than the B5 v6. i also know that the v8 engine is the same one used in the B7 bodystyle.

any recommendation or things i should be aware of before buying one? any links to common known issues in the car etc....

thanks!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 PM
3rd Gear

Youll love it, dont hesitate. The B6 or B7 sounds exactly like what you want. B6 is 2003-2005.5 and B7 is 2005.5-2008 FYI, most of the differences are cosmetic not mechanical. Its not too great on gas, expensive and youll have limited options when modding but its a really solid car with very few problems.

Look for a good service history, clean VIN, and id reccomend a manual transmission. Low miles are allways a plus but theres not really any big problems with these cars that you have to worry about.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

hey,

sounds good.... i have a few more questions to ask:

- so are there any known common issues in the b6 s4 that i should be aware of.... subframe damage, o2 sensors failing, defective busings, tranny etc?

- what is the gas mileage on these things anyways?

- what's the service intervals on these cars? is it the same like the beemers... $150 oil change every 15k miles and inspections every 30k miles?

thanks!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:24 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Aberle
You haven't given us much to go on, although I'm sure it'll be fine once started. Might need to stick on a new battery, put some fresh oil in and refill it with fuel first though....I'd say it very much depends on the price.
and dont forget to slap on the mtm supercharger