New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello World!!!!!!!!!! Need A4 ownership experience.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello World!!!!!!!!!! Need A4 ownership experience.

Hi,

I am a long-term Honda Accord owner, and I am about to buy a new car.

This time, I would like to go with a German car as I can afford it now, and I like the A4 a lot.
I am seriously considered buying an A4 in the premium-plus trim.

However, it is of common understanding that German cars are not very reliable,
and maintenance could be very expensive. At least, that is what some friends told me from their experience.

Consequently, could you share your A4 owner experience here?
What it is like to and how much does it cost annually to maintain the A4?

Is it realistic if one would like to keep an A4 for 10 years? Is this a joke? Is extended warranty a must?

BTW, am I better off to start with leasing an A4 if I have no Audi experience before?

Lastly, would you buy another A4 or stay with Audi cars based on your present
ownership experience?

Thanks for your replies in advance,
Peter.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

I have bought a 2004 A4 with the ultra sport package. The car was a 1 owner car with all the service records. The lady owned it for 14 years before trading it in, and the only reason she did so was due to medical issues and was unable to enter and exit the car without some immense pain. With all that being said, if you have any mechanical aptitude at all, and spend some time researching via google and you tube, you will see that there isn't much on these cars that a "do it your self" kind of person can not fix. I'm getting ready to dive into the heating system with full confidence of success. Again I have never owned an Audi, until less than a week ago. They are very specific on what products you use on them, so I would suggest doing some homework before running down to your local quick lube joint and asking for an oil change and a fluid top off. They commonly do not carry the specifics that are suggested for these cars. But most of the people that I have talked to, have told me that the biggest item to check is the timing belt and water pump. If you want to do it your self it about $300, The shop will cost you around $1,000. With that it all depends on how mechanically inclined you are or want to be.