New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to eliminate Central Locking Module A4 Quatro 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:48 AM
1st Gear
Default How to eliminate Central Locking Module A4 Quatro 2.8

Hi all,

I am building a 97 A4 Quatro for a 24 hours of lemons race. As part of prepping the car, we have to remove all unnecessary wiring. My goal is to get it down to nothing more than what is required to make it run and keep the ECU happy.

I found the the air pump in the trunk (the central locking module) is tied into the start circuit and the car will not crank if I remove that module. It will continue to run if you start the car, then remove the module.

I want to remove the module completely and the associated wiring. Has anyone here succeeded in doing that? Looking at various diagrams I can see there is a power wire and a return signal to the ignition switch. Is it as simple as twisting these two wires together?

My concern is the potential to fry something in the switch that kills everything and leaves me a new puzzle to solve. I have read that there is no imobilizer for this year of the US cars, and don't think the key is chipped, but it does have some kind of button on the key (or maybe that is a loose battery cover?).

So far I have successfully removed 22 lbs of wire and still have a running race car!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 AM
1st Gear

Sorry guys, I thought I was posting in the general section.